Sunday, November 27, 2011

'Tis the Season

Are you hearing holiday music on the radio, in the stores, even out on your main street? It's that time of year for hearing music but even more so to Make Music. Holiday tunes often make great beginner tunes because you already know how the tune goes. Even beginner players will learn Away in a Manger or Jingle Bells quite quickly by ear. Or, if you'd like to use tablature, I have assorted books. Some are simpler (either Christmas volume of the Shelley Stevens Baker's Dozen books)and mostly use your melody string only for the melody versus the Helen Johnson book - Favorite Christmas melodies has a bit more harmony and melody from other strings. I also carry a Christmas song book with duets to add more variation when two or more players are playing together.

I'll be having a dulcimer book at the Holiday Center in Downtown Duluth on Dec 1. I'll have dulcimer books, other instrument books, instruments, CDs and accessories.

As a reminder or if you didn't know I can make custom metal buttons. Maybe you'd want to wear an I Love Dulcimers button or Music Makes the World Go Around. Or, I can also put your picture with you with your dulcimer on a button. Send it over. Custom buttons are only $3.75 and there is no minimum order. Go to WendyUpNorth.com for more information. I also would love to put your pet photo on a button. I also can have the button be a magnet instead for $4 (25c more than the pin button). The button size is 2.25". Maybe your dulcimer club would like their name on a button to wear or to pin to their book bags. Order early.

No comments:

Post a Comment