Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Holiday shopping in November

I'm pleased to announce that I'll have more Dudley Quick Trip capoes in stock again starting the 2nd week of November. I also would like to offer free shipping (in the continental U.S.) on any in-stock order over $150 before November 15. Maybe you'd like to give a dulcimer to a child this year or pick up another one for yourself. I will also have an Open House in December with some specials. Pick up a dulcimer CD to give as a host thank you gift or to give to a school teacher. I do have a couple apple shakers left, too. The Dulcimers In Duluth dulcimer tab books are quite extensive with a tunes ranging from old-time to holiday to classical to hymns. A hand-painted dulcimer wood magnet makes a nice gift for a dulcimer enthusiasts.

Depending on who you are you can call yourself a musician, a folk music fan, or a part of the dulcimer family. All of us are part of carrying on traditions. Play some traditional music, enjoy the sounds from a strummed or fingerpicked dulcimer or let hammers bring out the fun sound on the hammered dulcimer. Add a little vibrational acoustics to your day. I'll end with an adventure from last weekend. In Duluth, there is a place along Skyline Parkway in a park area called Twin Ponds. Enger Tower sits up on a hill from the location. My husband and I happened to go under the bridge separating the 2 ponds after we were caught in the rain. I started doing a little singing and the acoustics were pretty neat - both the bridge and the water made the voice ring. For the last 2 weekends I've invited people to sing under the bridge. Seven people joined it over the 2 sessions for a little chanting on 'aut(d)umn, welcome, flow and other words. Pretty cool. Now I want to go back again before it's too cold and bring an ocarina and yes, a dulcimer, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment