Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Less than 3 months until DDD#12

The Dulcimer Day brochures will be mailed tomorrow. Look for the yellow brochure in the mail. Send an email if you were not on the list and would like to receive on. The fest will offer a wider variety of classes than usual. I invite you to try out some new instruments. It's fun to see the passion of music being shared and people enjoying making music. At Dulcimer Day on May 4 you'll also get to hear a variety of instruments being played. New this year will also be an afternoon demo of a new local woodcarving group. I'm learning carving myself and have made a chain, bear, and several wood spirits. I'm interested in doing more carving this year. I have a fresh batch of Quick Trip capos in stock. I've had customers from over 20 different states by them from my little store. It's been the most popular item that I sell. I'll be enclosing a button - Dulcimer Player - with orders over $75. Earlier this week I showed slides from New Zealand from the several trips to visit family there (in-laws) and do remember back in 2006 getting to meet a dulcimer player living in Aukland. His dulcimer was bright red. If you'll be traveling in the U.S. or in other states you could explore email lists to inquire if there are players in the area. There just might be. The Dulcimer Day in Duluth fest is a nice way to meet up with players in the upper mid-west. Thanks again to the sponsors - Whole Foods Co-op, Visit Duluth, and the Voyageur Lakewalk Inn. If you've never been to the fest, I hope you will come check it out. For the regular attendees, thanks for coming back over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment