Monday, May 23, 2016

Smile Inside

Dulcimer Day in Duluth is over but I still have a smile inside knowing people are playing dulcimers and learning new skills and adding repertoire.  I've had a series of busy things right after Dulcimer Day including completing the next issue (issue #4) of a neighborhood newsletter I publish www.LookAtLakeside.com, then heading to Chicago area to a niece's wedding.  Back in Duluth now.

 I really want to thank again everyone for coming to Dulcimer Day :
the participants (many travel a few hours to come - over 20 were new folks,

the instructor/performers : Sam Edelston, Mike Anderson and Anne Lough were the main guests.  My husband taught a class and so did it to add a few more options

the helpers : Billie was new this year and very helpful. Cherlyn has been there all 15 years, and other friends helped for key things like serving food, doing lunch or evening concert ticket sales and even bringing food - thanks Pearl, Sue, Kari, and Christina. Terry has also been there from the beginning and helps do the magic of the website and stepping in where needed.

the vendors - it's a nice addition to have the selling of local items at the events.

It's a risk to put on such an event.  Glad that the tshirt were well received this year and people enjoyed the food.

Now I'll take a break for a couple months and then it's on to the next year.  I always look forward to play my dulcimer and I'm hoping to lineup some visits this summer to assisted living places I haven't been to in a while.

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment